Are you a Spoken Word Poet?
Can you kiss words and make them dance?
Can you flip and throw words like a lance?
Can you use words to tease and to please?
and can your words make minds go loco?
(organizers of WORD UP, the biggest Spoken Word Event in Nigeria)
War Of Words Season 5
(A Slam Poetry Competition)
Up for grabs:
- N100,000 for the winner, N20,000 for the 1st runner up and N10,000 for the 2nd runner up.
- The top three poets get to perform at the next edition of WORD UP alongside the best Spoken Word Poets in Nigeria and beyond.
The competition is only open to Poets that have never performed at any WORD UP event.
Here is all you have to do
- The theme of the video entry for the Slam Poetry Competition is Now that change has come. Any entry not in line with the theme will be invalid for final selection.
- Submit an original poem that is in English, pidgin English or a combination of both. Please note that all non-English words used in the poem must be explained in the information box of the video.
- Ensure The title of your poem contains the official hashtag #WarOfWords5, else your entry is not valid.
- Ensure your name/ stage name, email address and wordings of the video are in the information box of the video. If the information box cannot contain the wordings of the poem, send it to email@example.com
stating your name and title of the poem with the hashtag in the subject box of the mail.
- Ensure your video submission is not be more than 3 minutes long, file size should be less than 200mb and it should be in MP3 or MP4 format. It must be uploaded on http://warofwordsng.com/. To upload on the site, you would need to register on the site and upload your video from the profile page by clicking on profile and then media.
- The submitted video must be one camera, one poet and recorded specifically for the competition. No live performance videos, no music, no props and no special effects. Please note that all poets are limited to one submission ONLY.
- You are required to tag @olulu and @admin in the comment section of your video upload on http://warofwordsng.com/
- You are also required to post the link of your profile page/Video in the comment section of any posts on www.wordup411ng.com, to render your entry as valid.
- You will also be required to tweet the link with the official hashtag #WarOfWords5 to @WORDUP411.
- Video submission starts 12 am Wednesday June 3 2015 and will NOW end Midnight of Sunday July 5, 2015 !!!!!!
A total of 20 poets will be chosen from the video entries for the competition.
The first ten will be chosen by our in-house judges.
The last ten will be chosen based on most viewed, most liked and the videos with the most comments.
Stay tuned to