Have you been looking to join a book club, but haven’t been able to find one, or fear you won’t be able to keep up due to your busy schedules? Prospero’s Book Club was created with you in mind:
1. It’s online, on WhatsApp, with our discourse sessions running from 8:30 – 10pm, Mondays through Fridays.
2. We help you build your interest in books by treating very short weekly reads (short stories and essays) that require less than 1 hour of active reading to finish. And also longer reads to be taken piecemeal, with peer assessment weekly.
3. We help you create a library on your mobile phone, so no need for carrying hard-copy books around.
4. Participation is absolutely free. And you get to belong to a vibrant literary community.
5. Terms and conditions apply.
To join, send a WhatsApp Message to the Curator at +2348132963184.
Prosper O. Anuforo is a writer and spoken word poet. He was a participant at the Farafina Creative Writing Workshop (2014), and the ANA/Yusuf Ali Creative Writing Workshop (2015).
His spoken word piece, Adura, was shortlisted for the Isele Spoken Word Poetry Prize (2013), featured on Saraba Magazine. His poems have made lists of international writing contests such as Raedleaf Poetry Prize, India and Castello Di Duino International Poetry Prize. He was also a finalist at War of Words 7 (Nigeria’s foremost Slam Poetry Competition).