An idea is nothing, cos everyone has one.
But one thing that is not available to everyone is turning nothing to something.
This is because executing an idea is no small work.
And given the work involved, most people run from it.
There is no harm in working hard, but you also have to be smart about it.
Also you having better skills/ talent and bigger resources does not automatically equate to better productivity.
But why use the Kardashians as an example and not some other “more respectable people?”
Hmm, whether we like them or hate them, they are successful in their own rights and their fans love them for it. Besides, my people will say “shit money does not smell.” Though, I am not a fan of the Kardashians, but I admit to watching the show a few times when it started to air. As a young man, I wanted to see “some something something.”
Or you want to say you don’t like big butts?
Don’t lie….you can confess to me.
Truth is, I am not a butt man, I prefer upper body strength.
But my eyes still stray, hey, don’t blame, me eyes has got no zip.
So what can a poet learn from the Kardashians?
Well, first tell me, what is the product/ service that the Kardashians sell?
What are they famous for?
What is their key skill/ talent?
Did you say sex? Bottom power?
Hmm, ok, what makes them different from their fellow twerkers and bigger bottom power owners?
It is simple, they have a format that works.
This format can also work for you as a poet given the fact that you have a more recognizable skill, product and/ service.
But first, lets look at the key problems most poets face in growing their craft and make a living off of it.
These problems are:
- Uncertainty: you are not sure who you are, who you want to be and what you want to be doing.
- Obscurity: you are not seen, not heard, not visible to those that matter.
- No one thinking of you: you are not top of mind, no one thinks of you first when they need something on poetry that you can do.
- Thou art not persistent: you fail to grind out results, you easily quit cos you don’t keep at it until something happens.
Now that we know the problems, what are the solutions?
How can poets overcome the above named problems?
What is the Kardashian format that makes them success?
The format has 4 stages, and these are as follows:
- Attention: you need to get people’s attention, and anyway you do it really does not matter as long as it works. But try and keep it legal, reasonable and safe.
- Criticism: how do you know you are getting attention? That’s easy, when people start to criticize you. Like Tuface sang, if nobody talks about you, then you are nobody. Thus, the more the criticism, the better for you.
- Haters: we all need haters in our lives. People who will tell other people not to mind you, that you are not worth it, and basically try to rubbish your works. Its okay, they are selling your market by talking about you.
- Admiration: this is the key level you need to get to. When despite the critics and haters, people still see the value in your works and when value exceeds price, people pay/ buy/ give.
We can also further break the 4 stages into down into:
What do I need to do?
How do I do it?
Who do I do it to?
Where do I get them?
When do I do it?
All these and much more can be broken down further, but only if you let us help you.
Get in touch, via phone call or email. and let’s talk.
Olumide Holloway (King Olulu)
Picture Source: https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/09/khloe-kardashian-jealous-kim-kardashian-armenia-lamar-odom-fight-kuwtk/