Nigeria biggest Slam Poetry Competition, War Of Words, is back with Season 6.
Up for grabs are:
- N100,000 for the winner, N20,000 for the 1st runner up and N10,000 for the 2nd runner up.
- The top three poets get to perform at the next edition of WORD UP alongside the best Spoken Word Poets in Nigeria and beyond.
- The best poem/ poetry performance of the entire competition gets N20,000.
- The Poet with the lowest score in the entire competition gets free training and mentorship from a top poet in Nigeria.
- Submit an original poem that is in English, pidgin English or a combination of both in line with the theme of the competition (SEE THEME BELOW). Please note that all non-English words used in the poem must be explained in the information box of the video.
- Ensure The title of your poem contains the official hashtag #WarOfWords6, else your entry is not valid.
- Ensure your name/ stage name, email address and wordings of the video are in the information box of the video. If the information box cannot contain the wordings of the poem, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
stating your name and title of the poem with the hashtag in the subject box of the mail.
- Ensure your video submission is not be more than 3 minutes long and it must be uploaded on YouTube.
- The submitted video must be one camera, one poet and recorded specifically for the competition. No live performance videos, no music, no props and no special effects. Please note that all poets are limited to one submission ONLY.
- You are required to tweet the link with the official hashtag #WarOfWords6 to @WORDUP411.
- Video submission starts 12 am Saturday April 1, 2017 and will NOW end Midnight of Sunday May 7, 2017 !!!!!!
Any entry not in line with the theme will be invalid for final selection. The theme for the video entry is
I BLEED GREEN
A total of 15 poets will be selected from the video entries for the competition.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @WORDUP411 ,